Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Get Help From An LSC Tutor Online
Schedule an online tutoring session with an LSC-Tomball tutor using Brainfuse Tutor Match.
How to Use Brainfuse Tutor Match:
- Log into your course in D2L and click on the Brainfuse link. *If you do not see this link, ask your instructor to add the link to your class in D2L.
- Under Tutor Match, choose your subject and course then click Schedule. A list of available appointments will come up. You can change the date by clicking on a different date at the top of the list. When you find an appointment that works for you, click Select.
- On the next page, be sure to fill out your phone number and some details about what you need help with so the tutor will be better prepared to work with you. Click Request Session at the bottom to finalize the request.
- Attend your tutoring session!
Have a Writing Tutor Critique Your Work
There are two ways to get help with your writing assignment from an LSC-Tomball Writing Tutor:
Brainfuse Tutor Match:
Schedule an online tutoring session with an LSC writing tutor using Brainfuse Tutor Match (see instructions in the Get Help From An LSC Tutor Online box above). Once you have scheduled an appointment with a tutor, the tutor will contact you and will likely ask you to email the paper to them prior to the appointment. During your appointment, they will discuss your paper with you in real time, possibly using screen share to discuss the paper.
Online Writing Lab:
Submit your paper to the Online Writing Lab. Once a tutor receives your paper, she will take a day or two to review it and then return it to you with comments. You will not be able to discuss your paper with the tutor in real time. Tutors will return your critiqed work to you within 24 – 48 hours. (Returns may take longer on weekend days.)
How to submit a paper to the online writing lab:
- Enroll in the Online Writing Lab by emailing your first name, last name, and student ID to LSC-TELC@lonestar.edu. You will receive a confirmation email, and then simply follow the directions below to submit your work for review.
- Login to my.lonestar.edu
- Click LSC Online (Online Classes)
- Click Go to D2L Classes
- At the top of the page, click Select a Course
- Search for a Course: choose Tomball Online Writing Lab
- The Dropbox for the Writing Lab can be found under the Content Tab.