Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ask a Librarian!
Though the library is physically closed, Research Databases containing Articles, eBooks and Videos are available to our students, faculty and staff 24/7.
To access the databases, enter your 14-digit library barcode number located on the back of your college ID/ library card when prompted. No college ID or library card? Use your myLoneStar username and password by clicking the link below the barcode login when prompted before entering a database.
Have a question? Ask us!
Looking for an article on a topic for a Speech and Communication class?
- Go to a LSCS page.
- Click on libraries from the top menu above the blue bar.
- Click on Research Databases
- Select Social Sciences
- Click on Articles
- Select Communication & Mass Media Complete
- You can start doing keyword searches by typing your keyword (not a sentence) in the "Basic" search box, Or,
- Click on Advanced Search (screenshot added) from the bottom of the search box
- Type different keywords in different boxes
- Narrow your search by selecting the boxes for Full-Text, Scholarly / Peer-Reviewed Journal and Publication
- Click on Search
- Be sure to Email, Print or Save the article/s from the same menu on the right/
See the video below on how to Cite articles found in EBSCO databases
How to Use EBSCO Cite Feature
Looking for a particular Journal?
- Click here:
- Type the name of the journal to see if the library has that available online
- If available, click on the databases link and start browsing by year of publication
- You can also search within that publication by keyword and simply typing in the keyword/s in the box/es for keywords in Advanced Search
APA Style Guide
APA Style7 Guide for References List and In-text citation
Refer to this quick guide to create your References list and help with in-text citation.
Chicago Style Manual
Notes & Bibliography Citation Guide
This guide provides examples and tips on how to cite sources in the Chicago Notes & Bibliography style.
Notes & Bibliography Overview
View this handout for a more detailed explanation of how to use the Chicago Notes & Bibliography style.
MLA Style Guide
Reference Librarian - Liaison to ABSS Division